Friday 18 December 2009

Gift Card Box with Cards







Good Day Folks,

Well its freezing here, with loads of snow and more to come they say, so I decided to do a bit more crafting. Did say I had an idea or two running around my head.

With this idea I have only used exactly what I had in, no buying etc, 1 empty dove gift box, 1 backing paper x 2, 1 ornate double sided gold ribbon, 1 lilac brad, 1 gold elastic band which was with another gift set, gold card stock, lilac card stock, cuttlebug, spellbinders fancy tags, double sided tape and glue and lastly alphabet letters.

I used the empty dove gift box and taped it all together after marking and cutting the lid shape out. then I cut the backing paper to size, using double sided tape stuck it to the box, also lined the lid and bottom with plain white card to cover the alterations. I then made to holes in the front, one on the lid and one lower down, added brad and gold elastic band. Cut out the fancy tag, added the name, glued it to the front of the box, finally I added the ornate gold ribbon around the lid to give an extra boost to the item. Then I made the inside labels and added some cards to complete the gift.

I do hope you like this idea and it shows you can make gifts cheaply with many left overs. Hope you are taking, do keep yourselves safe and warm and until next time, lol

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shree,wow,what a fab idea,love your box and sure it will make someone a fab gift.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shree
    They are all fabulous,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea and very colourful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete